Friday, August 10, 2012

The Watch


Last night, I went to see "The Watch" with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill. The Watch is a comedy about a group of neighbors that, under the leadership of Evan (Ben Stiller), begin a neighborhood watch. Evan, a Costco store manager and over achiever, is deeply disturbed when his store's nighttime security guard is brutally murdered (who sadly had just gained his American citizenship only to be killed inside one of the staples of American culture, a Costco). As a result, he decides to start year another club in his neighborhood (among other clubs he has a running club and a reading club etc.), but with a much bigger purpose, to solve his friend's murder. It is no secret that in their quest to solve the murder mystery they discover aliens (it's on the trailer, so spoiler alert). I have never been a fan of any of the three headliners in this movie, but I must say that lately Ben Stiller has grown on me, as well as Jonah Hill. Vince Vaughn won me over with The Break-Up which I think is a fantastically brilliant comedy. (although sometimes I think he talks too much). Anyways, the movie made me laugh which is very hard to do lately (make me laugh) so props on that. I must warn you that my expectations for American comedies are usually very low. My standard is as follows: if ti makes me laugh it's ok or good. It made me laugh and hence, it's ok. Hopefully someday Ben, Vince and Jonah will make a comedy that really knocks my socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself...
Exprésate...